Thursday, May 04, 2006
On Writing
I hate the word "blog." It rolls of the tongue sounding suspiciously like the wretched noise my dogs make immediately before they decorate my bedspread with yesterday's kibble. And in any of its incantations (blogging, blogesphere, blogger, et al) it especially minimizes the beauty and creativity of some of the fabulous writing one can find in this little corner of the world wide web.

The last few days, I've stumbled across some of the most touching, inspiring and beautiful writing I have ever encountered. And, that's what it is: Writing. Good stuff. Brilliant stuff. Stuff that makes you feel and think.

So, rather than ruminate on something in my life today, I want to share the places I've been the last couple days. Please go visit. Pack a kleenex and an open mind. You'll be glad you did.

Charlie Callahan's Travelling Man | Clew's ANGEL | Mia's Blog Against Disablism essay
 
Rhonda Ruminated at 10:04 AM | Permalink |


6 Ruminations:


  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Marie

    Ohmygod, you found Clew for me! I thought I'd lost her URL forever. Used to be a faithful reader of her Blues back in the day. Yeah. Boy, Rhonda, you do get around. I'd even commented on her Angel post as Coffee Cat back in '05. Mia's blog against disablism was powerful and wonderful and Charlie is a genius for sure. All of them write so beautifully and so truly. And so do you.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Rhonda

    MJ: I didn't have to hunt for Clew. She visited a friend's blog and I was being snoopy, clicking links, and there she was. I'm glad I clicked!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mia

    A most sincere thank you my friend.

    Writing. Good stuff. Brilliant stuff. Stuff that makes you feel and think.

    Of course you know you have described your own writing perfectly don't you?

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Charlie

    Mia could not have said it better, PT, so I plagiarize it in full.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I've come to spread my Yorkshire dialect further into the mindset of America!

    I don't like the word Blog as it sounds like bog, which is a very blunt way of saying toilet orlavatory in England.

    Children with snotty noses, running round supermarkets screaming 'Mam I need the bog' *shudder*

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Rhonda

    Hi Beki, I'm so glad you came to visit. I hope you stay!

    And I just KNEW blog had it's origins in some kind of bodily function.

    Welcome!